Lisa Milas, Esq.
Ms. Milas specializes in all aspect of creditors rights in the state of New York. She has been involved in residential mortgage foreclosures, closings, bankruptcy and evictions for more than twenty year, primarily, concentrating in bankruptcy. She became a partner in 2018 and currently clients with complex bankruptcy cases as well as managing regular client trainings and updates.
Ms. Milas also has a notable published decision in Litton Loan Servicing, L.P. v. Beamon, 298 B.R. 508 (N.D.N.Y. 2003)
Her major areas of practice include:
- Creditors’ Rights
- State of New York
- United Stated District Court, Western, Northern, Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- Touro College Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center, J.D. 1994
- Hofstra University, B.A. 1991
- Member of the Hudson Valley Bankruptcy Bar Association
- Member of the New York State Bar Association
- Member of the American Legal & Finance Network
- Former Member of SDNY Bankruptcy Court Strategic Planning Committe.
- Former Member of the United States Financial Network
Ms. Milas has lectured on bankruptcy related issues for both the SDNY and NDNY Bankruptcy Bar Association programs as well being a frequent panel speaker for both the USFN and ALFN. As well as being the Co-Author of "A Tale of Two "HOPE-Ahs" - USFN Report.
She is also active within her community, and is the Captain for Island Harvest a hunger relief organization on Long Island